Another farewell Nicaraguan style
On Wednesday I was invited to Las Pilas, Marvin and Lourdes accompanied me with little Marcel. When we arrived the local education delegate was there so I met him. That ticked off another item on my list and I was able to clarify things with him. Apparently the previous management of the school didn't let him use the Wi-Fi. ! I clarified that straight away. We were seated to await a little presentation. It began with a lovely poem recited by the little girl in the middle. This was followed by local folk dancing in national costume, one to the local tune of Ometepe which Marvin recorded so I can listen when I go home! After this we shared some lunch and coffee. I ate a little knowing that Sylvia was also cooking. So I ate a little of two lunches so as not to offend anyone! Everyone is very friendly, looking forward to my next visit. They all tell me I am welcome in their homes and I sense they mean it. That is how things are here. We finished with a photo with ...
Comments
Post a Comment