Grateful thanks is given to the individuals
and attendees at our events, who have so kindly donated to this worthy cause to
help the children of Ometepe.
Over the weekend I was advised to rest by my helpers here; they think I have been too busy, but I had four visitors from the family on Saturday and a birthday party on Sunday involving musicians. It was a great traditional occasion and it was lovely to spend time with the family again and meet some new people. We were also celebrating the graduation of Jesus and Jordy. Amada didn't arrive. She has lost her telephone and we cannot seem to get in touch. Monday had been organised by Jose and was the day of the box delivery, which had involved him in a lot of organisation. On Sunday he took funds to Moyagalpa which were passed to the ferry captain and signed for. On Monday Marlon, our taxi driver, drove to Managua, collected the parcels and tried to do a bit of shopping. He brought everything back to San Jorge. Then Jose and Francisco who had gone in place of the Headteacher, went in search of shopping in Rivas. They managed to source footballs, the replacement c...
On Tuesday, Allan took me to Santa Teresa for a farewell and to ensure all was ok with the computer setup. Everyone arrived in Nica time, the headteacher an hour late and the technician an hour and a half. So we just sit on the verandah and while away the time, whilst the children pop out for a hug and a chat. Interesting little comments are made just like children everywhere. You colour your hair, you wear glasses like a grandma! None meant unkindly. The office section has been completed, and the headteacher is pleased, as it could be moved easily if necessary. I'm not sure what the children were doing but the office was locked at the time and I imagine they lost something! This is in the corner of the pre school classroom. They only attend part time, so it is a good location. Next the table was prepared and we shared coffee, biscuits and fruit and chatted. There was a formal thank you, and I thanked all who had helped me, Jose and his family, Allan my moto driver. The...
On Wednesday I was invited to Las Pilas, Marvin and Lourdes accompanied me with little Marcel. When we arrived the local education delegate was there so I met him. That ticked off another item on my list and I was able to clarify things with him. Apparently the previous management of the school didn't let him use the Wi-Fi. ! I clarified that straight away. We were seated to await a little presentation. It began with a lovely poem recited by the little girl in the middle. This was followed by local folk dancing in national costume, one to the local tune of Ometepe which Marvin recorded so I can listen when I go home! After this we shared some lunch and coffee. I ate a little knowing that Sylvia was also cooking. So I ate a little of two lunches so as not to offend anyone! Everyone is very friendly, looking forward to my next visit. They all tell me I am welcome in their homes and I sense they mean it. That is how things are here. We finished with a photo with ...
Comments
Post a Comment